Little, Brown has revealed the cover for its behind the scenes book on hit play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.
Publishing on 31st October, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: The Journey: Behind the Scenes of the Award-Winning Stage Production reveals how J K Rowling’s tale was brought to the stage, racking up award wins and breaking box office records.
The book promises “stunning photography, insightful interviews, and never-before-seen sketches, notes, and candid backstage photos”.
It explores the play from the earliest stages of its development with producers Sonia Friedman and Colin Callender, to the crafting of the eighth Harry Potter story with Rowling, director John Tiffany, and playwright Jack Thorne. The book also examines the casting of actors who brought the story to life.
The publisher said: “This full-colour deluxe edition offers readers unparalleled access to this unique production and is a beautiful gift for Harry Potter fans and theatre lovers alike.”
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: The Journey will also be available as an e-book from Pottermore Publishing.
- Little, Brown to publish Harry Potter and the Cursed Child behind the scenes book
- Eighth Harry Potter book surpasses one million copies sold in first fortnight
- Eighth Harry Potter book set to be 'publishing event of year'
- Harry Potter play script to be published by Little, Brown
- Harry Potter magic comes up against Sunday trading laws