Fourth Estate is to publish a desk diary by author Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, titled We Should All Be Feminists: The Desk Diary.
PR and publishing director Michelle Kane acquired UK and Commonwealth rights, excluding Canada, from Sarah Chalfant at The Wiley Agency.
Adichie has written award-winning novels Half of a Yellow Sun and Americanah, as well as her calls-to-arms We Should All Be Feminists and Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions. She has worked with Beyoncé and Michelle Obama, becoming an iconic feminist figure. Her weekly planner will inspire readers to "be their own best self".
The illustrated weekly planner contains some of Adichie's most powerful and inspiring quotes, as well as an exclusive introductory essay. Adichie's words will "inspire the reader to be their own best self: to stand up and be truly heard".
Publication is scheduled for July 2020.
- Fourth Estate to publish Adichie's Notes on Grief
- Fourth Estate triumphs in five-publisher auction for 'provocative' novel by Yuzuki
- Adichie to deliver first Folio Society Lecture
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie awarded PEN Pinter Prize 2018
- 'Most ambitious' Hay Festival Cartagena to star Adichie, Smith and Sands