HarperCollins has made two appointments to its team in Ireland, with Mary Byrne promoted and Ann-Marie Dolan joining the sales team.
Byrne, formerly HarperCollins Children's publicity director, will now become PR director, Ireland, taking responsibility for for the publicity strategy for the publisher and its titles in Ireland, beginning on 1st July.
Dolan, who previously worked at Dubray Books, has started at the HarperCollins sales team in Ireland as sales and marketing executive.
Both Byrne and Dolan will be based at HarperCollins' new offices in Bishops Square, Dublin, working closely with key account director Tony Purdue.
The new team was formally introduced at HarperCollins’ "Big Book Spectacular" event in Dublin yesterday (20th May), attended by more than 150 trade customers, agents and authors, including Cecelia Ahern, Rachel Allen and Derek Landy.
HarperCollins UK c.e.o. Charlie Redmayne said: "I’m delighted that both Mary and Ann-Marie will be bringing their flair and expertise to our PR, sales and marketing in Ireland. Ireland is a hugely important market for us and this will significantly strengthen our position and enable us to better support our authors there."
- Business Book of the Year 2015 shortlist revealed
- Wildfire wins auction for 'staggering' McKenzie debut
- Transworld to publish book encouraging women into STEM careers
- Orion Spring hits right note with Anne-Marie's 'inspiring and practical' memoir
- UCLan Publishing scoops 'inspiring' middle-grade book about child with stammer