HarperCollins Children’s Books has acquired a further three books by Sophie Cleverly, the author of the Scarlet and Ivy series.
Commissioning editor Elizabeth Clifford bought world rights, including translation, film, TV and merchandising rights, from Jenny Savill at the Andrew Nurnberg Associates.
The first book in the new deal, The Lights Under the Lake, follows the adventures of Scarlet and Ivy as they take a school trip to Shady Pines hotel and will be published in March 2017 along with e-book and audiobook releases.
“I am thrilled to bring more Scarlet and Ivy mysteries to the HarperCollins Children’s Books list,” said Cifford. “Sophie is a fantastic young writer who weaves deliciously intricate plots, peppered with clues and spiced with suspense.”
- HarperCollins Children's signs second series from Cleverly
- Idris Elba signs major children's book deal with HarperCollins
- Illustrator Steven Lenton signs multi-book deal with HarperCollins Children's
- HCCB signs children's series from Slay in Your Lane authors Adegoke and Uviebinené
- HarperCollins signs three-book deal with Morpurgo