HarperCollins Children’s Books has acquired exclusive global rights to publish children’s books based on "Our Planet", a TV show narrated by Sir David Attenborough that will launch on Netflix this weekend.
"Our Planet" will show viewers never-before-filmed places from around the world, from oceans to deserts and remote forests, and HarperCollins Children’s will release a non-fiction hardback gift book (£20.00) for children aged five and over this autumn, to accompany the show. The text will be written by Matt Whyman and the book will be illustrated by Richard Jones.
Kate Burns, colour publisher at HarperCollins Children’s Books, struck the deal with Philippa Milnes Smith at The Soho Agency.
Executive publisher Ann-Janine Murtagh said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be publishing this ground-breaking book for children to accompany the inspiring and extraordinary 'Our Planet' series. Children today care passionately about the future of the world they live in and this heartwarming and timely book offers a hugely positive message of empowerment to young children and will inspire them to cherish the world they live in. This beautiful book will stand out as something special in the gifting market this autumn.”
- HarperCollins secures Baddiel until 2023 in new global four-book deal
- HCG strikes three-book deal for 'heartwarming' series with Maz Evans
- Walliams reveals 'fantastically funny' new tale Slime for HCCB
- Attenborough's Life on Earth updated after 40 years
- Oseman's boy-meets-boy love story greenlit for Netflix series