HarperCollins Childrens Books publishing director Helen Mackenzie Smith has bought her first books since joining the publisher from Random House earlier this year.
She bought four titles by picture author and illustrator Rachel Bright. The deal for world rights was through Mandy Suhr on behalf of the Miles Stott Children's Literary Agency.
The four books include a standalone picture book called Love Monster, which will be published for Valentine's Day 2012 as well as three books in a new series called The Wonderful World of Winnie and Wilbur. The first book is scheduled for publication on August 2012 with the two subsequent titles out in 2013.
The Wonderful World of Winnie and Wilbur is a picture book series aimed at two-five-year-olds. The books are about "the trials and tribulations of young first experiences".
Mackenzie Smith said: "We are over the moon to be welcoming Rachel to the HarperCollins list. Her stories are funny and poignant, warm and real, and above all full of heart. We know that children and parents everywhere are going to love them!"
- Judith Kerr's next picture book based on author's ninth cat
- HarperCollins Children's to publish book by one of 'Exonerated Five'
- HarperCollins secures Baddiel until 2023 in new global four-book deal
- HarperCollins Children’s Books scoops 'exquisite' Jeffers picture book
- 'The Midnight Gang' revealed as next David Walliams book