HarperCollins Children’s Books has signed a picture book deal with comedian Olaf Falafel.
Aimed at the pre-school market, Old MacDonald Heard a Parp is a reimagining of the Old MacDonald nursery rhyme in which the farmer suspects every animal of farting. Alice Blacker, picture books publishing director, acquired the book after Falafel put a call out to publishers on Twitter.
Blacker said: “Olaf is a huge talent – and to find that talent on Twitter and acquire so swiftly is beyond thrilling. Old MacDonald is wildly funny and has huge child appeal. We can’t wait to get it into the hands of our pre-school readers.”
HarperCollins Children’s acquired global rights to three books from Jo Unwin at the Jo Unwin Literary Agency. Publication in e-book, audio and paperback is set for April 2017.
- HC Children's signs multi-book deal with Benji Davies
- HarperCollins Children’s signs ‘brilliant’ illustrator Bond
- Walker Books signs two-book deal with creative duo Andy Jones and Olaf Falafel
- HarperCollins gets three more from Biddulph
- HCCB locks down deal for Biddulph books based on #DrawWithRob videos