Hachette Books Ireland has acquired former state pathologist Dr Marie Cassidy's memoir in a six-way auction.
Beyond the Tape will publish in trade paperback, e-book and audiobook on 2nd October 2020 after editor Ciara Considine acquired Irish, UK and Commonwealth rights from literary agent Faith O’Grady of the Lisa Richards Agency.
Dr Cassidy was Ireland's state pathologist from 2004 until 2018, during which time she was involved in high-profile cases including the Stardust exhumation and the deaths of Siobhan Kearney, Rachel O'Reilly, Robert Holohan and Tom O'Gorman.
According to Considine, the acquiring publisher, Dr Cassidy "gives in-depth insight into the world of forensic pathology, and the real-life stories behind the newspaper headlines".
Dr Cassidy said: “Death is not a headline or an obituary notice, it is something that will happen to us all. I have witnessed death in all its guises. This book is an attempt to enable you to see with my eyes, to walk carefully in my footprints beyond the police tape.”
- Diane Abbott's 'powerful' memoir won by Viking in six-way auction
- HarperNonFiction wins six-way auction for ex-prison governor's memoir
- Chatto wins Ratinon's Unearthed memoir in six-way auction
- Canongate snaps up 'unique' debut in six-way auction
- Usborne wins six-way auction for Bell's debut in 'significant' deal