Gillian McAllister, debut author of Everything but the Truth (Penguin), has signed a new two-book deal with Michael Joseph.
The deal, for UK and Commonwealth rights, was agreed with Clare Wallace at Darley Anderson Literary Agency.
McAllister is a lawyer by trade and her novels blend her professional expertise with psychological suspense and plots. Michael Joseph will publish her second novel, Anything You Do Say, in paperback in January 2018 and her third novel later that year.
Publishing director Maxine Hitchcock said: "Gillian has burst on to the crime and thriller scene in spectacular fashion and deservedly so – Everything but the Truth is such an assured debut and a wonderful indicator of the brilliant books she will conjure up in the future."
- MJ strikes new two-book deal with Gillian McAllister
- Pan Mac scoops 'perfect thriller' from Ewan in two-book deal
- Thriller writer T M Logan signs new two-book deal with Zaffre
- Trapeze lands Hargreaves debut in two-book deal
- Walker Books signs two-book deal with creative duo Andy Jones and Olaf Falafel