Freight has sold the US rights to a debut collection of stories by Lara Williams to Flatiron Books at Macmillan US.
Flatiron publisher Amy Einhorn pre-empted the book, titled And So It Begins, which is a collection of stories about experiencing adulthood and “all that comes with it – love, intimacy, break ups, responsibility, ennui”.
Fiona Brownlee at Brownlee Donald Associates brokered the deal on behalf of Freight Books in the UK. Caroline Bleeke will be the editor.
The book was published in the UK titled Treats on 3rd March.
- Buchanan's 'extraordinary' debut pre-empted by Flatiron and Mantle on partial submission
- Dead Ink and Bloomsbury showcase Northern literary talent in new anthology
- Williams' debut about women and food to Hamish Hamilton
- Picador signs 'deeply moving' Rosner debut novel
- HarperFiction pre-empts Irwin's debut Regency novel in 48-hour swoop