Frances Lincoln Children’s Books has partnered with school library supplier Peters to give away a free copy of This Book is Anti-Racist by Tiffany Jewell and Aurélia Durand to all library and secondary school customers.
The books will be supplied throughout October to coincide with Black History Month. Free teaching resources and a family discussion guide based on the book are also available to download from the Peters website and the book’s listing on the QuartoKids website.
This Book is Anti-Racist teaches readers about social identities, the history of racism and resistance against it, and shows them how they can use their anti-racist lens and voice to move the world toward equity and liberation.
Peter Marley, associate publisher for Frances Lincoln Children’s Books said: "Librarians do such important work in promoting diversity and inclusivity in their communities. We are proud to be supporting them with this initiative and hope that with their help, This Book is Anti-Racist can inspire even more readers."
Claire Bowles, sales and marketing sirector at Peters, added: "At Peters we’re committed to supporting schools in ensuring they have diverse and inclusive books that empower all children and young people, so we’re delighted to be partnering with Quarto to get this important book into the hands of secondary school students across the UK."
- Black Writers' Guild condemns Badenoch's 'attack' on anti-racist writers such as Eddo-Lodge
- Headline to publish Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu's call to anti-racist action
- Manual on how to raise anti-racist children goes to Dialogue Books
- Walker to publish guide to becoming 'actively anti-racist' for teens
- Lincoln Children’s Books scores hat-trick on Klaus Flugge longlist