Hachette companies have inked a global deal to publish a series of books around the hugely successful video game Fortnite.
Hachette UK, Hachette Book Group (US), Hachette Illustré (France) and Hachette España reached the multi-year agreement with Fortnite developer Epic Games in a deal brokered by IMG. Hachette UK’s Alex Clarke, publishing director of Headline’s Wildfire imprint, led the negotiations.
Fortnite, a cross-platform game launched in 2017 by North Carolina-based Epic, has more than 125 million players world- wide, with its 100-player "peer versus peer" fight to the death its most popular mode of play.
Hachette’s programme launches with a range of stationery this autumn, with a collection of handbooks, yearbooks and "much more" due in 2019.
Clarke said: "We are delighted to be producing a global book publishing programme to tie in with this gaming phenomenon."
- Harper inks global deal for Winslow
- Detained bookseller's daughter to rally global book trade at Frankfurt
- Hachette hat-trick look to take Musso to new global heights
- HCG strikes three-book deal for 'heartwarming' series with Maz Evans
- US rights in Main's first book for Phoenix fly in six-figure deal