Former Bright Agency employees Jess Lomax and Fiona Kenny have launched a new agency for illustrators.
“We had the idea a few years ago when we met at Bright, and we want to work with a small, curated group of artists and help them get their dream jobs,” said Lomax. “We have different backgrounds: mine is in children’s books and publishing, and Fiona has experience in editorial, licensing and packaging, so we have a great offer for illustrators in terms of the areas we offer.”
Inkling Illustration already has 13 artists on its roster, such as Natalia Rojas Castro from Columbia and Berlin-based David Leuteurt, and is currently negotiating three deals with publishers for its illustrators, Lomax added.
Some of the illustrators submitted their work to Inkling after seeing posts on Instagram, and others on its list are creatives who had worked with Kenny and Lomax in the past.
“We want to give focused one-on-one support,” said Lomax. “What makes us different is our approach to working with the illustrators on career development. We don’t want to be a big agency with lots of illustrators, we want to really get to know them.”
- Anglia Ruskin launches bursary to improve children's book illustration diversity
- Myers, Aw and Mozley among 31 writers honoured with Society of Authors Awards
- Bluebird wins five-way auction for Lensvelt and Cownie's 'gorgeous' tarot guide
- Juliet Mushens and Robert Caskie found new agency
- Transworld wins six-way auction for Imafidon's 'personal manifesto'