Francesca Dow, m.d. of Penguin Random House Children’s [pictured below], thanked the division’s authors, illustrators and supporters at its annual summer party at the Serpentine Gallery in Kensington last night (14th July), where guests included Chris Riddell, Lauren Child and Shirley Hughes.
The party was the first for the combined children’s group of Penguin and Random House and Dow [pictured below] said the guests represented “the most thrilling display of children’s talent”.
“Whether it is a story on a page or a musical on the stage, creation always starts as an idea,” she said. “We bring your stories to audiences and countless readers go on journeys to be with you. To quote Terry Pratchett, it’s still magic if you know how it happened.”
Also in attendance last night were authors Sally Green and Laura Dockrill, agents Sophie Hicks and Paul Moreton, and Waterstones children’s bookseller Laura Main Ellen.
- PRH Children's reveals titles in first combined presentation
- PRH Children's Summer Party celebrates 'magic' and 'wonder'
- PRH Children's commits to finding 'overlooked voices' at summer party
- Creatives praised at PRH Children’s Summer Party
- Dow hails Puffin's 'great new adventure in non-fiction' at summer party