Oxford-based independent press Fairlight is publishing its first short story anthology, The Fairlight Book of Short Stories (Volume 1) on 1st October 2020.
The collection features stories by a number of its Fairlight Modern authors such as Women’s Prize-longlisted author Sophie van Llewyn, as well as stories sent into Fairlight’s open submissions programme.
it also includes stories by Judith Wilson, winner of the Lorian Hemingway Short Story Competition, the London Short Story Prize, and shortlisted for Colm Toibin International Short Story Award, plus Adam Trodd, winner of Benedict Kiely Short Story Competition, and shortlisted for the Cúirt New Writing Prize, Over The Edge New Writer of The Year and the Bath Flash Fiction Award.
C.e.o. Louise Boland said: “We at Fairlight have posted literary short stories online every week since we started, working in support of our ethos to promote new and emerging writers of literary fiction. We’re so excited to now be launching our first anthology of stories in a physical publication, so that these fantastically talented short story writers can continue to find a new readership for their writing.”
- PRH to publish first all-female Doctor Who short story collection
- Zadie Smith to publish first short story collection in 2019
- Waterstone's to publish short story prize anthology
- Gaiman, Smith and Ishiguro to feature in British short story anthology
- First World Book Night anthology to feature stories from Eclair and Koomson