Hodder Children’s Books, part of the Hachette Children’s Group, has acquired a picture book by US TV host Jimmy Fallon.
Your Baby's First Word Will Be Dada is about a father who tries to get his daughter to say ‘dada’ as they go on an adventure that includes meeting all sorts of fun animals. It was inspired by the author’s own attempts to ensure his daughter’s first world was “dada”. The illustrator is Miguel Ordóñez.
Hodder’s picture book publisher Emma Layfield acquired the UK Rights from Caroline Hill-Trevor for the Rights People on behalf of Holly Hunnicutt from Feiwel & Friends, an imprint of Macmillan Children's Publishing Group.
Publication is scheduled for May 2016 (h/b, £11.99).
Layfield said: “We are absolutely delighted about this acquisition: Your Baby's First Word Will Be Dada demonstrates Jimmy Fallon’s trademark wit and infectious fun. It’s the perfect title for Father’s Day.’”
Fallon is the host of the US TV chat programme The Tonight Show, as well as Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
- Hodder Children's secures first Richard Adams picture book
- Hachette Children's strikes publishing deal with child YouTuber Tiana
- Hodder Children’s signs picture books from Jonny Duddle
- Teenage blogger Lucy Powrie strikes three-book deal with Hachette
- Gray and Field strike deal for new picture book series