Faber & Faber has signed two previous novels from Tsitsi Dangarembga, which form a trilogy with Booker-nominated This Mournable Body (Faber).
Louisa Joyner, associate publisher, acquired world all language rights to Nervous Conditions and The Book of Not from Karolina Sutton at Curtis Brown. They will publish in paperback in March 2021. The books were previously published by Ayebia Clarke Publishing.
Dangarembga said: “I am delighted that all the volumes in the Tambudzai Trilogy will be published by Faber & Faber under Louisa Joyner's dedicated and energetic management. This development brings Tambudzai's story to many more readers, opening a window onto lives that otherwise might not have been seen by a global audience. Tambudzai's story is the story of women on and off the African continent told in an African context. I believe it is a story that deserves attention.”
Joyner added: “I feel absolute joy to be working with Tsitsi across the trilogy. These are major novels and they deserve the publishing heft, critical attention and huge numbers of readers that such a phrase entails. We're really excited about the next phase of Tambudzai's life in print and we look forward to seeing her profile grow around the world in the months and years to come.”
- Bodley Head pre-empts investigation into Britain's 'new politics'
- Viking pre-empts Wang's 'remarkable' memoir of undocumented childhood
- Fourth Estate to publish Doerr's 'astonishing' new novel
- Picador lands A Little Life author Yanagihara's 'extraordinary' new novel
- Sceptre snaps up Goldin's 'optimistic' look at post-Covid world