Faber will publish what it is describing as a "people’s edition" of Louise Doughty’s psychological thriller, Apple Tree Yard, following online praise and reader comments for the book since its publication in June last year.
The limited edition will feature a winning reader’s quote on the front of the book and quotes from 30 runners-up on the back and inside cover.
The publisher is asking readers to submit their quotes through the book’s dedicated website: www.appletreeyard.com before 9th June. The book will be published in July 2014.
All winners will receive a copy of the new edition along with a bottle of champagne, with a further £100 of Faber books for the first prize winner.
Apple Tree Yard was originally published in hardback, with a paperback edition in January of this year. It has sold 82,287 copies across all editions through Nielsen BookScan. It was selected as one of the titles in Richard and Judy’s first Book Club of 2014 and was an official Mumsnet Book Club selection. It was also shortlisted in the Crime Book of the Year category at the Specsavers National Book Awards.
TV rights in the book have been sold to Kudos Productions and it has been translated into 22 languages.
- Apple Tree Yard trailer and tie-in edition released
- Emily Watson to star in BBC's Apple Tree Yard adaptation
- Louise Doughty | 'I thought of Apple Tree Yard as a serious and feminist indictment of the criminal justice system'
- Faber to publish special Liberty edition of Milkman along with new audio
- Page brings Angel in as Faber publisher