Faber has signed lifelong Liverpool FC fan Anthony Quinn’s first non-fiction book, a "love letter" to Jürgen Klopp.
Editorial director Angus Cargill acquired world all languages in a "significant five-figure" pre-empt from Jon Wood at Rogers, Coleridge & White, and will publish in November. Faber has already sold German rights to Markus Naegele at Heyne Hardcore in a "major" pre-empt.
Cargill said: "As Liverpool close in on their first league title in 30 years, it’s thrilling to see a book as affectionate and nuanced as this, one which so skilfully examines how Klopp has revived this club, how he has made it a collective endeavour for the fans, the players and staff, and the city. A success story like this is a rare and inspiring thing, and the way Klopp has simultaneously endeared himself to the wider football community is even rarer."
Quinn added: "Even as a lifelong LFC fan I never envisaged writing about football, but Jürgen Klopp was too good a subject to miss. He’s someone I’ve been thinking about, almost constantly, for five years. I hope I do him justice."
Photo credit: Mark Vessey
- DeVos' dystopia attracts three 'significant' five-figure pre-empts
- Faber pre-empts Ross' 'rare' love story 15 years in the making
- 4th Estate lands gothic debut in six-figure pre-empt
- Transworld swoops in for 'chilling' debut with 'significant' pre-empt
- 'Significant' Bologna pre-empt for Bonnier Zaffre's Supersaurs