Faber is to publish a collection of short stories by John Lanchester this autumn.
Publisher Alex Bowler acquired UK, EU and commonwealth rights excluding Canada to Reality, and Other Stories from Caradoc King at United Agents.
Bowler said: "These are stories of selfie sticks with demonic powers, of cold calls from the dead, and of that creeping suspicion, as you sit there with your flat white, that none of this is real. Reality, and Other Stories is a collection of deliciously chilling entertainments, to be read as the evenings draw in and the days are haunted by all the ghastly schlock, uncanny technologies and unsettling weirdness of modern life."
Lanchester is a contributing editor to the London Review of Books and the author of five novels, including The Wall, which was longlisted for the 2019 Booker prize, and three works of non-fiction. He has sold 477,378 books in total for £3.7m, with his bestseller, Capital, selling 137,730 copies sold in paperback, through Nielsen BookScan's UK TCM.
The book will be published on 1st October.
- Faber buys Power's 'astonishing' short story collection
- Myriad acquires Chiew's debut short story collection
- McBride, de Waal and Rooney to write short stories for Faber collection
- Faber buys 'haunting, powerful' short story collection
- W&N wins Sweeney's 'beguiling' short story collection at auction