John Packard, publishing director of brands and licensing at Egmont, has struck a deal with The Walt Disney Company UK for Marvel author-led fiction.
The agreement is for four books, starting with Iron Man: The Gauntlet, written by former Irish children’s laureate Eoin Colfer, later this month. The book, due for release on 27th October (p/b, £6.99), tells the story of what happens when Tony Stark (a.k.a. Iron Man) finds an anomaly off the coast of Ireland on his way to a conference.
Three further books – a series by Tom Angleberger about Rocket and Groot, breakout characters from Guardians of the Galaxy, will follow in 2017.
Packard said: “We at Egmont are absolutely thrilled to publish this new range of fiction based on the Marvel universe. This is a really exciting new venture and the combination of top author talent, brilliantly conceived characters, and the power of the Marvel brand will be a winning formula with the fans.”
- Oliver Jeffers and Eoin Colfer | 'There was none of the hair-tearing angst you sometimes get working with other people'
- Colfer's new Fowl Twins instalment scooped by HCCB
- Disney and HarperCollins secure Artemis Fowl spin-off
- Hachette Children's strikes publishing deal with child YouTuber Tiana
- Penguin strikes deal to publish Captain Tom Moore