Egmont has sold the rights to The It Girl, the first in a teen series from debut author Katy Birchall, in 10 languages.
The publisher has sold rights in French (to Pocket Jeunesse), German (Egmont Germany), Spanish (Planeta), Catalan (Grup 62) Brazilian Portuguese (Rocco), Dutch (JP Publishing), Czech (Egmont Czech), Bulgarian (Egmont Bulgaria), Norwegian and Finnish (Bazar Forlag).
Egmont announced its acquisition of the series prior to the Frankfurt book fair in October last year.
The series is aimed at readers aged 11+ and The It Girl will be published in the UK this year. Two subsequent titles will follow in 2016.
Lindsey Heaven, editorial director at Egmont, bought the world rights from Jo Hayes from Bell Lomax Moreton, following a “hotly contested” auction.
- Alesha Dixon teams up with Katy Birchall for young teen series
- Egmont signs two books from Andrew Smith
- Andersen signs foreign rights deals for Sally Nicholls picture book
- Egmont signs two-book deal with Driver for MG fantasy series
- Headline signs The Girls Bathroom podcast hosts Tuxford and Baylis-Zullo