Nigerian author Chibundu Onuzo has been shortlisted for the University of Wales Dylan Thomas Prize, the youngest author on the shortlist.
The Spider King's Daughter (Faber) will compete with Andrea Eames' The White Shadow (Harvill Secker), Maggie Shipstead's debut Seating Arrangements (Blue Door), Tom Benn's The Doll Princess (Vintage) and D W Wilson's collection of short stories Once You Break a Knuckle (Bloomsbury).
The prize is open to any published author in the English language under the age of 30, and is worth £30,000. This year's judges ncluding Hay Festival founder Peter Florence, Catatonia singer and BBC 6 music presenter Cerys Matthews, and Guardian Review journalist Nicholas Wroe.
The winner will be announced on 9th November at a ceremony in Swansea.
- Porter and Sahota on shortlist for £30k Dylan Thomas Prize
- Indie presses dominate Dylan Thomas Prize shortlist
- Debuts dominate International Dylan Thomas Prize shortlist
- Debut poets dominate £30k Swansea University Dylan Thomas Prize shortlist
- Leilani and Russell make Swansea University Dylan Thomas Prize shortlist