The Duchess of Cornwall has launched a book club-style online hub of reading recommendations and author interviews on Instagram.
Called The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room, it is billed as a “celebration of literature in all its forms” and a hub for literary communities around the world.
Further details of its winter season will be announced on 15th January via a dedicated Instagram account, offering book recommendations, exclusive insight from authors and “a community space for book lovers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds”.
Among the books featured is Charlie Mackesy's The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse (Ebury). The author and illustrator has been interviewed by the Duchess and supplied a handwritten, illustrated note to support the project.
The project was inspired by the popularity of the reading lists she published last year over Easter and the summer, which included Restless by William Boyd (Bloomsbury), The Secret Commonwealth by Philip Pullman (David Fickling) and The Architect's Apprentice by Elif Shafak (Penguin).
- Duchess of Cornwall chooses Mantel and Owens for online book club
- Duchess of Cornwall launches NLT platforms for parents and teachers
- World Book Day 2020: Duchess of Cornwall, Cowell and O'Leary to lead celebrations
- Duchess of Cornwall to present Booker Prize 2014
- Duchess of Cornwall to judge R2's 500 Words