Derren Brown is condensing the lessons from his bestseller Happy to handbook size in A Little Happier: Notes for Reassurance with Transworld this October.
Comprising 17 "beautifully-wrought, wise and profoundly reassuring mini-chapters", Transworld says each one "challenges us to think differently so as to overcome anxiety in a difficult world".
,Examples of lessons include,"We should be wary of goal setting: long-term goals fixate us on a future that may not happen and we may not wish for when we get there," and "Our partner isn't right for us because no one is. None of us is born for someone else. But perhaps those areas of frequent conflict are useful indicators of where we might ourselves to be insufferable."
Susanna Wadeson, head of non-fiction at Transworld, acquired world rights in all languages to the new book from agent Michael Vine, and A Little Happier will be published on 29th October at £8.99.
Wadeson said: "A Little Happier is exactly the little handbook we all need: the wisest, kindest toolkit to help us all navigate the very choppy waters of our world today. It made me very happy indeed."
- Fox swaps HQ for Transworld as deputy publishing director
- Bluebird pre-empts Instagram therapist's 'bite-sized words of wisdom'
- Transworld wins 10-way auction for zoologist's book
- Transworld pre-empts Wired editor's quest for innovation
- Transworld pre-empts 'spellbinding' history of gemstones by Molesworth