Hachette Livre has announced the death of publisher Claude Durand at the age of 76.
Durand was chairman and chief executive of Editions Fayard between 1980 and 2009.
Arnaud Nourry, chairman and chief executive of Hachette Livre, paid tribute to Durand as a tireless defender of authors and a man of legendary flair, calling him "one of the great figures of French publishing."
- HCG acquires Claude at the Palace for October
- Tributes to Doctor Who novelist Terrance Dicks after death, aged 84
- Tributes to 'heroic' Captain Tom, following his death aged 100
- Newton pays tribute to Bloomsbury India colleagues after Covid-19 deaths
- Tributes paid to 'dynamo' Alison Wood after death, aged 62