David Higham Associates has announced the 10 authors who will attend its open day for writers from under-represented backgrounds in January.
The 30th January event, the fourth in a series organised by the agency, gives writers the chance to meet industry experts and get tailored feedback on their work.
DHA received more than 100 submissions, picking Franziska Bioh, Maeve Clarke, Lea Getzic-Davis, Cath Holland, Elizabeth Hopkinson, Lou Kramskoy, Nasrin Parvaz, Mich Sanderson, Amelie Skoda and Tony Warner to attend.
The group will spend the day at DHA receiving one-to-one editorial support on their submissions from agents, also meeting the translation rights and film/TV departments. Orion publishing director Emad Akhtar will also attend alongside bestselling author Rowan Coleman.
DHA previously announced the fifth open day, in summer 2020, will be hosted outside London to encourage writers from across the UK to apply. It has now confirmed the event will be held in Newcastle in June 2020. Applications will open on the agency’s website in the new year.
- David Higham Associates launches third open day under-represented authors
- DHA to host second open day for under-represented writers
- DHA selects 12 authors for under-represented writers open day
- Nine Arches Press to mentor poets from under-represented backgrounds
- New illustration agency targets artists from under-represented backgrounds