Waterstone's m.d. James Daunt will be the keynote speaker at next year's Independent Publishers Guild annual conference, the organisation's 50th.
The 2012 event, to be held from 7th to 9th March at Heythrop Park near Chipping Norton, will also host the sixth presentation of the IPG Independent Publishing Awards.
IPG executive director Bridget Shine said she was "thrilled" to have Daunt presenting the keynote speech. "Waterstone's is a vitally important customer for many of our members, and given James' vast experience we are sure that all independent publishers will be interested to hear his thoughts on the current state and future of our industry," she said.
Details of more conference speakers will be finalised over the coming months, with booking forms and awards entry forms available shortly.
- Maths- No Problem! scoops IPG's Independent Publisher of the Year
- Waterstones will emerge from Covid-19 crisis, Daunt tells virtual IPG Conference
- Cable, Tamblyn and Chi to speak at IPG conference
- Daunt and Newton to speak at IPG Virtual Spring Conference
- Myers joins 'Question Time' at IPG Conference