John Murray Press imprint Saltyard Books has acquired Ten Cocktails: The Art of Convivial Drinking by Alice Lascelles.
Publisher Elizabeth Hallett acquired world rights from Zoë Waldie at Rodgers, Coleridge and White.
Lascelles is the hard liquor columnist for the Times and founding editor of award-winning drinks trade magazine Imbibe.
In the book will use 10 of her favourite cocktails to distil the stories, recipes and tips she has amassed in her pursuit of the mixed drink.
Hallett said: “As any grown up will tell you, the perfect cocktail is an art form in itself. I’m not the only person at Saltyard to have missed my stop on the train while reading Alice’s proposal; entertaining, informative, utterly seductive, this is the essential cocktail book to keep by the drinks cabinet or your bedside.”
Saltyard Books will publish in April 2015.
- Hutchinson snaps up award-winning Neary
- Viking acquires 'major' debut novel All the Good Things
- Picador wins Stagg's 'inspiring' modern pilgrimage account at auction
- Picador acquires 'stirring' poetry anthology from migrant schoolchildren
- Harvill Secker acquires political thriller Independence Square