Children’s publisher Chicken House is launching Open Coop, a 24-hour open submission day for unpublished work.
M.d. Barry Cunningham told The Bookseller: “Although we already run the Times competition [an annual competition to find an unpublished children's writer to be signed up by Chicken House], everyone is a bit gloomy in January so I thought wouldn’t it be fun to open submissions to everyone."
Chicken House is also looking for authors who might be scared of entering the annual Times competition, he added.
On 25th January, unpublished authors will be able to send submit five chapters and a pitch of a novel for children aged 8-12 to email@example.com.
“We went for that age range because there is so much teen publishing about I’m always worried we are neglecting the heartland of children’s books,” said Cunningham.
- Jasbinder Bilan | 'There’s so much inequality in this country for children; magical stories can give them real hope and open up possibilities'
- British Book Awards open for submissions with two new gongs for 2021
- Submissions for Waterstone's Children's Book Prize open
- YoungMinds opens for submission
- Submissions open for Autumn Buyer's Guides