Chelsea Green Publishing and author Martin Shaw have launched a podcast with an all-star line-up including Oscar winner Mark Rylance.
"The Smoke Hole Sessions", a long-form conversations podcast, is inspired by Shaw's latest book Smoke Hole: Looking to the Wild in the Time of the Spyglass. It will see him talking to guests including Rylance, comedian Tommy Tiernan, writers David Keenan, Jay Griffiths and John Mitchinson, The Doors' John Densmore, Bat for Lashes singer Natasha Khan and storyteller Jan Blake.
Three episodes will be released to coincide with the publication date on 20th May, followed by an episode each week.
Shaw describes the podcast as “a series of conversations with men and women I admire, in the hope that in the crackle of the thinking, the fire of the language, the visioning and wildness of the whole thing we may find breadcrumbs in the conversations to lead us out of the forest again, and into a deeper life.”
"The Smoke Hole Sessions" will be available on all major podcast platforms.
- Armitage and Fiennes among all-star cast for PRH Audio's 2000 AD adaptations
- Walters joins all-star cast to narrate Victoria Wood's biography
- Puffin reveals all-star cast for Kay's Anatomy audio
- Stevenson in all-star cast of Sphere's The Haunting Season
- PRH commissions all-star cast for Beatrix Potter audio