Casia Wiliam has been announced as the Bardd Plant Cymru (children's poet laureate) for 2017 to 2019.
The news was announced at the Bridgend Taff-Ely Urdd Eisteddfod from the Festival’s main stage by Alun Davies AM, minister for lifelong learning and Welsh language. Wiliam will be the 15th Bardd Plant and will be officially starting her role in September when she will take over from Anni Llŷn who undertook the role in 2015.
Wiliam is 29-years-old and is originally from Nefyn in the Llŷn Peninsula, but now lives in Cardiff. She has published two books for children, has adapted two Michael Morpurgo books into Welsh and is a member of the Talwrn y Beirdd bardic team, Y Ffoaduriaid.
- Eloise Williams selected as inaugural Children's Laureate Wales
- Six questions for...the National Library of Wales' Pedr ap Llwyd
- Welsh Books Council recommended to take on Literature Wales' Book of the Year
- Fisher first Wales' Young People's Laureate
- Literature Wales to appoint Children’s Laureate Wales