Caroline Brown, publicity and marketing director at Octopus, has been promoted to associate publisher in addition to her current role.
As publicity and marketing director and associate publisher, Brown will be working closely with group publishing director Denise Bates, the individual publishers, and the sales teams - both pre and post publication - to provide "a broader market context" for Octopus' commissioning.
She will not be engaged in commissioning but will be working to "help shape and deliver" Octopus' publishing going forwards alongside her existing role across publicity and marketing, Brown confirmed.
Brown said: “I’m delighted to be taking on this new broader role as part of our ongoing emphasis on being agile and innovative in a rapidly changing market. We have a fantastic range of publishing across all our imprints and I look forward to contributing to its future growth and direction. It’s a really exciting time to be working at Octopus.”
- Octopus' Sheeran event a sell-out
- Ilex to drive Octopus' move into adult brand licensing
- Brazen to publish Bridge's 'brutally honest' second book on mental health
- Endeavour to publish 'hopeful' memoir of mother’s experience raising disabled son
- Black & White to publish 'feel-good' novel from Grace-Cassidy