Campbell Books, the pre-school imprint of Macmillan Children’s Books, has signed a two-book deal with pre-school music specialists Monkey Music.
The first book, Let’s Play and Sing is illustrated by Emily Bolam and is aimed at toddlers from 18 months. It is based on music lessons Monkey Music teaches, called the Heigh-ho and Jiggety-jig classes, and will be published in with an accompanying CD on 14th July (board book, £12.99). A second book for babies from 6-18 months will be published in June 2017.
Monkey Music, set up by music teacher Angie Coates in 1993, teaches pre-school music lessons. There are now more than 1,200 Monkey Music classes across the UK every week, with 12,000 families attending, according to Macmillan.
Stephanie Barton, publisher of Macmillan Children’s Books 0-6 division, said: “Working with Monkey Music is the perfect partnership for Campbell Books. Together we can create the best bespoke integrated book-and-music experience for little children. The Monkey Music brand is widely known and admired by parents, and we’ve worked closely with Angie to create a rich and interactive experience that children will love and want to experience again and again.”
- Lady Gaga signs with Macmillan for 'vital' children's book on kindness
- Hachette signs deal with children's presenters Franks and Thorne
- Rob Biddulph signs trilogy with Macmillan Children's in six-way auction
- Mann goes overboard with double deal for Bath Spa graduates
- Solomons signs Doctor Who deal with PRH