Sam Bourne, the pseudonym of Guardian writer Jonathan Freedland, has moved from HarperCollins to Quercus to publish two political thrillers.
M.d. Jon Butler and publisher-at-large Stef Bierwerth acquired UK and Commonwealth rights (excluding Canada) from Jonny Geller at Curtis Brown.
First in the deal, To Kill the Truth, sees White House operative Maggie Costello take on a deadly conspiracy.
It will be published in February 2019.
- Political climate 'big influence' on London Book Fair trade
- Bonnier bags books from Button and Woffinden in motor sport double
- Fitzcarraldo Editions bags 'vital' Preciado gender politics book
- Quercus bags book on how 'male-centric' medicine endangers women's lives
- Trapeze bags Accidentally Wes Anderson book