Waterstone's range manager Sarah Clarke, Ron Johns of Mabrecon Books (pictured) and Foyle's divisional manager Susan Sinclair are among the judges of this year's Costa Book Awards.
The judges for the first novel award will be broadcaster Janet Ellis, journalist Alison Flood and author and comedian Mark Watson.
Red magazine's editor-in-chief and novelist Sam Baker will join reviewer and author Toby Clements and author Wendy Holden on the panel to judge the Costa Novel Award.
Biographer Valerie Grove, Ron Johns and writer D J Taylor will judge the biography award. The poetry award will be judged by Sinclair at Foyles alongside Granta online editor Ted Hodgkinson and poet Daljit Nagra.
The children's award will be judged by Clarke from Waterstone's, and authors Marcus Sedgwick and Matt Whyman.
A total of 568 books have been submitted for the awards. Category shortlists will be announced on 21st November.
- Joyce and Humble join Costa Book Awards judging panel
- Costa Book Awards 2016 judging panel revealed
- Daisy Johnson joins Vintage Indie Bookseller of the Year judging panel
- Lily Cole joins Amazon's Kindle Stoyteller Award judging panel
- David Nicholls joins Sunday Times Audible Short Story Award 2020 judging panel