Speakers from YouTube and Buzzfeed will join representatives from the trade at today’s Bookseller Marketing and Publicity Conference.
The conference will bring together more than 270 book marketing and publicity professionals.
Among the speakers will be Jessica Elvidge, YouTube’s creative strategist, who will lead a session on bringing books to the video-sharing website.
Daniel Dalton, a staff writer at social news and entertainment website Buzzfeed in the UK, will speak about lessons publishers can learn from the use of social media on Buzzfeed's website.
There will also be sessions on successful marketing and publicity campaigns, including head of PR Tania Vian-Smith and marketing manager Gemma Green from Penguin Children’s Books talking about Sally Green’s debut YA novel Half Bad, while Katie Sadler, digital marketing manager at HarperCollins, and Danny Asling, brand manager at Wiley, will speak about how publishers have used social media effectively in their campaigns.
The conference will be held at The Southbank Centre in London, in partnership with the Book Marketing Society and the Publishers Publicity Circle.
Keep up to date with all that is happening at the the Bookseller Marketing and Publicity Conference by following our live coverage via Storify, and following the hashtag #mandp14 on Twitter:
- Bookseller Marketing and Publicity Conference: 'springboard for creativity'
- Marketing and Publicity Conference: Collaboration and experimentation
- Buzzfeed and YouTube to speak at Bookseller Marketing and Publicity Conference
- The Bookseller Marketing & Publicity Conference 2015
- One more week to book for Bookseller Marketing & Publicity Conference