Film rights for Caleb Krisp's children's debut Anyone But Ivy Pocket (Bloomsbury) have been acquired by major Hollywood studio Paramount in a major six-figure pre-empt.
Allison Shearmur, who was the producer for "The Hunger Games" and "Cinderella", will be producing the film, with Michele Mulroney and Kieran Mulroney (who also wrote Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows film), writing the script.
The deal was brokered by Michelle Kroes at CAA on behalf of Madeleine Milburn at Madeleine Milburn Ltd.
Anyone But Ivy Pocket is published in the US by HarperCollins/Greenwillow and in the UK by Bloomsbury, and has now been translated into 23 different languages.
The plot follows Ivy Pocket, a twelve-year-old maid, into the heart of a conspiracy involving duchesses and diamonds, mischief, mayhem and murder.
- Puffin acquires Jamie Littler debut in six-figure deal
- Rizzle Kicks’ Jordan Stephens signs six-figure deal with Bloomsbury Children’s
- Matharu signs six-figure deal with Hodder Children’s
- Bloomsbury wins satirical debut The Other Black Girl in six-figure deal
- Cain strikes six-figure film deal for Madonna novel