Bloomsbury will next year publish US YA author Sara Holland in the UK, US, Australia and India.
Cindy Loh, vice president and publisher of Bloomsbury Children’s Books US, pre-empted world English rights to Havenfall, a YA fantasy thriller, in a two-book deal. The deal was struck with Stephen Barbara at InkWell Management, who was acting on behalf of Holland and Glasstown Entertainment.
Havenfall is about Maddie, who spends her summers at her uncle’s inn in the Rocky Mountains. When a murder occurs she must confront dark truths about herself and her family.
“Sara Holland is a riveting storyteller, and we know readers will be swept away by Havenfall—it has all the hallmarks of a global YA bestseller, and we can’t wait to share it with readers around the world,” said Rebecca McNally, publishing director of Bloomsbury Children’s UK.
Havenfall is scheduled for publication in early 2020.
- Children's book start-up Lost My Name plans global expansion
- Global publishing event planned for Obamas' books
- Jeff Kinney global tour announced
- Lonely Planet's Hanna Otero outlines global publishing tips at Children’s Conference
- HarperCollins Children's secures global rights for Netflix series Our Planet