Children’s laureate Malorie Blackman will deliver the keynote speech at this year’s Children’s Media Conference (CMC) in Sheffield.
Greg Childs, editorial director at CMC, said he was “thrilled” that Blackman is taking part in the conference, adding: “We are excited to hear her thoughts on what appeals to today’s child.”
Blackman said: "All children have a right to be seen, heard and represented in the arts. The stories we tell as well as the stories we are told - in whatever form - define us as individuals and as a society. They show us who we are and what we can be. But are the needs of our children being met? Are all of our children being represented? What can we do to improve the situation?"
The conference takes place 2-4th July and this year’s theme is Child@Heart. Blackman will deliver her speech on 3rd July.
- Margaret Heffernan to deliver Irish Book Trade Conference keynote
- Jane Rogers to deliver keynote at Northern Lights Writers' Conference
- Humanise the recruitment process to diversify, says conference keynote
- Chris Riddell crowned children’s laureate
- Imagine Children’s Festival gears up for 87,000 visitors