Black & White Publishing has signed a psychological thriller, Abigale Hall, by the winner of Faber and Faber Creative Writing MA Prize, Lauren A. Forry.
Managing director of Black & White Publishing, Campbell Brown, acquired World English rights for the publication from Sandra Sawicka of Marjacq Scripts.
Abigale Hall is set in 1947 and tells the story of two orphan sisters who are sent from London to a remote part of Wales. They are sent to work at a crumbling estate owned by the mysterious Mr Brownawell, run by "vicious, cold-hearted" Mrs Pollard. It is rumoured that Brownawell’s wife-to-be disappeared on the eve of their wedding and that her apparition haunts Abigale Hall. As Eliza fights desperately to return to London and the man she loves, the house begins to take its toll on Rebecca, who slowly descends into her own twisted world of madness.
Forry said: “I’m thrilled my debut has found a home at Black & White and am looking forward to sharing the secrets of Abigale Hall.”
Black & White Publishing will release Abigale Hall in Spring 2016.
- Black & White acquires two psychological thrillers
- Black & White signs McBride's 'inspiring' collection of stories from Irish women
- Black & White to publish 'feel-good' novel from Grace-Cassidy
- Orenda signs psychological thriller from Paul Burston in Frankfurt deal
- Head of Zeus signs five psychological thrillers from Germany's Fitzek