Picture book creator Rob Biddulph has signed an exclusive multi-book deal with his publisher, HarperCollins Children’s Books.
Under the terms of the deal, Biddulph will publish two books per year exclusively for HarperCollins. The deal, which is for world rights, was struck between publisher Rachel Denwood and Jodie Hodges at United Agents.
Denwood said: “It is fantastic to see Rob’s star ascending and I am delighted that HarperCollins will be his home for many more exceptional picture books. Rob has an instinctive understanding of what makes a great picture book, and his words and illustrations work together to create a joyful storytelling experience. He is exactly the kind of standout, brilliant talent that we are excited to build on our picture book list.”
Biddulph’s debut picture book Blown Away won the Waterstones Children’s Book of the Year award in 2015, becoming only the second picture book ever to win the overall prize. His third book, GRRRRR!, was published in January and a third, Odd Dog Out, will be released in the autumn.
- Illustrator Steven Lenton signs multi-book deal with HarperCollins Children's
- HarperCollins Childrens signs multi-book deal with Michael Morpurgo
- HC Children's signs multi-book deal with Benji Davies
- Juno Dawson strikes multi-book deal with Hachette
- HarperCollins Children’s renews deal with Rob Biddulph