Tom Avery has been promoted to editorial director of William Heinemann.
Avery joined the Cornerstone imprint in 2011 as editor, and was made senior editor in 2013.
Before joining William Heinemann he was at Jonathan Cape and Vintage Books.
Avery publishes non-fiction and some literary fiction, and his authors include Jamie Bartlett, Anna Bikont, Thomas Harding, Laurence Scott, Marci Shore and Adelle Waldman.
He will continue to report to William Heinemann, Hutchinson and Windmill publisher Jason Arthur.
- Psychologist's doctor case studies to William Heinemann
- William Heinemann to publish 'pioneering' physicist's Map of the Invisible
- William Heinemann wins auction for book on racial bias
- William Heinemann to publish study of power in the 21st century
- 'Godfather of Grime' to publish autobiography with William Heinemann