Audible is releasing an audiobook of Peter Kay’s record-breaking autobiography The Sound of Laughter in September with two new and exclusive bonus chapters.
Kay’s debut autobiography, first published by Century in 2006, is the bestselling hardback autobiography of all time via Nielsen BookScan in the UK, with 853,572 copies sold in hardback and 1.3 million across all editions.
The audiobook version, narrated by the comic, will be available to download from Audible on 16th September. Audible said: “The Sound of Laughter observes the absurdities and eccentricities of family life; elderly relatives, garlic bread, cheesecake, weddings, funerals and your mum’s HRT... you’ll soon be able to hear all about it from Peter, reading live and direct from his own front room.”
Kay, who returned to stand-up this month, has won numerous Baftas and National Television Awards for his TV work including “Car Share” and “Phoenix Nights”. As well as three number one chart singles, he also holds the Guinness World Record for the biggest selling stand-up tour of all time.
- Manjit Kumar's book goes to Bloomsbury in 7-way auction with record-breaking China deal
- Blair defies protests with record-breaking first week
- Michelle Obama's record-breaking Becoming helps print market soar
- Hodder wins record-breaking ex-Special Forces soldier's memoir
- IPG marks record-breaking year as D&C joins