Audible has commissioned a dramatization of Carmilla, a 19th century gothic vampire novella by J. Sheridan Le Fanu, starring David Tennant and Rose Leslie.
The story, first published in 1872, pre-dates Bram Stoker’s Dracula by over two decades. The story is about 18-year old Laura (played by Leslie) as she develops a deeply passionate friendship with a mysterious house-guest, Carmilla (Phoebe Fox), who turns out to be a vampire. It is told through the eyes of occult doctor Dr Martin Hesselius, who is played by Tennant.
The audiobook is free to download from today (28th October) from the Audible website.
Carmilla was adapted for Audible by Robin Brooks, an actor, dramatist and author who has been working as a playwright for over 25 years. The director was Fiona McAlpine of Allegra Productions.
- Tennant to star in BBC adaptation of The Highway Rat
- Unbound to release Sheen and Tennant's complete Staged scripts
- Profile to publish Hill Halloween ghost story
- Tennant to narrate The War of the Worlds in new H G Wells audiobook collection
- Audible launches TV campaign starring Juliet Stevenson and Eddie Marsan