Amazon Publishing has acquired three books by Leigh Russell, who has previously been published by independent No Exit Press.
Russell’s Journey to Death and two further titles will be published by Thomas & Mercer, Amazon Publishing’s crime imprint.
Senior editor Emilie Marneur bought world rights to the books from Annette Crossland at A for Authors Ltd.
Journey to Death follows Lucy Hall on a family holiday in the Seychelles, where the family is subjected to attacks, kidnapping and attempted murder, all as a result of an illicit affair by her father in the past.
Subsequent novels in the series will feature the same character in different locations worldwide.
Russell is the author of a series of police procedurals featuring DI Geraldine Steel and DI Ian Peterson. The series will continue to be published by No Exit Press.
Russell has sold 16,198 copies of her books through Nielsen BookScan, and A for Authors Ltd said her global sales exceed 500,000 units.
A TV series of the Steel and Peterson novels is currently in development by Avalon Television.
- 'Biggest-selling' self-published book of 2016 lands Amazon deal
- Patricia Cornwell signs world English language rights deal for series with Amazon Publishing
- Amazon Publishing acquires new novel from Teresa Driscoll
- Durham to leave Amazon Publishing in the US
- Purcell looks to propel Amazon Publishing UK