Fourth Estate and William Collins have introduced a modern classics list featuring titles from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Naomi Klein, Joan Didion and more.
Collins Modern Classics is billed as “a paperback library of literature featuring some of the most significant books of recent times”.
Set for publication on 13th May 2021, the first titles in the series include All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, No Logo by Naomi Klein and Other Minds by Peter Godfrey-Smith.
Also in the line-up are The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion, The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, Wild Swans by Jung Chang and Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.
The publisher said: “Our first series of titles is comprised of books that have profoundly affected those of us who have published them and many millions of readers around the world. Here are novels about race, plague, adolescent love and goodness against all odds; and works of non-fiction about three generations of a Chinese family, a portrait of a marriage in the shadow of grief, a call to arms about consumer capitalism, and what the mysterious octopus tells us about the workings of our own mind.”
- Garnons-Williams, Killingbeck and Kelly step up at 4th Estate and William Collins
- Fourth Estate to publish Slay in Your Lane journal and anthology
- Fourth Estate lands 'funny, original' debut set in 2054
- American debut to Fourth Estate after eight-way auction
- Fourth Estate wins auction for 'blazing' autofiction debut