Marian Keyes was among the authors honoured at the 2017 Bord Gáis Energy Irish Book Awards, which took place in Dublin’s Clayton Hotel on Tuesday 28th November.
A group of E L James superfans gathered at The Secret Library in south London on Tuesday 28th November for the Masquerade Ball themed launch of DARKER, Fifty Shades Darker As Told By Christian (Arrow). (© Matt Alexander/PA Wire)
Andy McGrath left scooped the 29th William Hill Sport Book of the Year Award for his "startlingly intimate portrait" of Tour de France trailblazer Tom Simpson: Bird on the Wire (Rapha Editions). The ceremony, which took place at BAFTA’s offices in London on Tuesday 28th November, was presented by broadcaster John Inverdale. (© Steve Welsh)
Jeanette Winterson was among the authors speaking at the Hay Festival’s largest ever Winter Weekend, which took place on 23rd-26th November. (© Sam Hardwick)
Baroness Dean of Thornton-le-Fylde was the guest speaker at The Printing Chartity’s 190th annual luncheon, which took place at Stationers’ Hall in London on Thursday 23rd November.
Reverend Mark Edwards centre launched Life After Care: From Lost Cause to MBE (Trigger Press) at Blackwells in Newcastle on Tuesday 21st November. Edwards is joined by bookshop owner Mariana Mouzinho left and Trigger Press’ Stephanie Cox.
- Surfing memoir Barbarian Days wins William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award
- Judging the William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award
- £30k William Hill Sports Book of the Year goes jointly to Gregory and Gibson
- Indies feature on £30k William Hill Sports Book of the Year shortlist
- Goldblatt wins William Hill Sports Book of The Year 2015