We are delighted to announce that Stephen Page, CEO of Faber and Faber will be talking at the FutureBook conference. He will discuss his vision for a modern day publisher and how you drive change within an organisation. Stephen joins Evan Schnittman and Dominique Raccah on our keynote session.
Given the announcements this week that Kobo is following in Amazon's footsteps into publishing and Anobii's plans to sell ebooks, there will be plenty to discuss at the conference.
Also confirmed today, thrilled to announce Jess M. Brallier from Pearson US will be speaking about building web-based brands, He first published Diary of a Wimpy Kid to 40 million kids online prior to it becoming a bestseller and now heads up Poptropica and Funbrain. Poptropica is a virtual world for children and boasts having 185 million children visitors from 100 different countries interacting in 70 different languages.
Other speakers confirmed:
- Stephen Page, CEO, Faber and Faber
- Evan Schnittman, Managing Director Group Sales and Marketing, Print & Digital at Bloomsbury Publishing
- Dominique Raccah, Publisher and CEO at Sourcebooks, Inc
- Pieter Swinkels, Director Publisher & Industry Relations EU at Kobo Inc.
- Matteo Berlucchi, CEO of Anobii
- Anna Rafferty, Managing Director, Penguin Digital
Key conference topics
- Wider digital trends and impact on publishing
- Start-ups and entrepreneurial thinking
- Discoverability; Google, SEO, Metadata
- Content and pricing strategies
- Branding and marketing
- Device and mobile battleground
The early bird rate for this conference ends today, so take advantage now. There is also a 3 for 2 offer - so bring your colleagues or clients along too.