I suspect I may not be the only one nursing a tiny hangover this morning. Futurebook held its inaugural drinks last night in Soho. And, as with all good publishing parties, promptly drank the bar dry. We had hoped for a diverse group of digital people to come along and you didn't let us down.
I had so many amazing chats with you all, a few that have stuck in my mind:
- the designer from Penguin was there to discuss how digital will impact on cover design
- developers showing me prototype iPad apps
- a new audio-book app due to launch very soon
- a TV production owner talking about delivering content as digital books
- a librarian who has launched History iphone apps
- a children's book publisher discussing leadership
- social media expert who runs training courses for publishers
And many many more. There are so many dynamic things happening across the industry and I think we have a very exciting year ahead.
Check out last night's action on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#search?q=%23futurebook
Thank you all so much for making it such a HUGE success.
If you came last night and would like to introduce yourselves, perhaps you could leave a comment on this post.